Use Prayer Without Borders in Your Ministry
Whether you're a parish volunteer, a parish priest, pastoral minister, religious educator or social justice coordinator, Prayer Without Borders, Celebrating Global Wisdom can help you bring the voices of the developing world to the people you serve.
- Use selections from the book to open and close meetings. Click here to read a sample.
- Weave wisdom stories into homilies, Children's Liturgy of the Word presentations or classroom lessons.
- Use selections from the book as a way to introduce countries where Catholic Relief Services' works. Click here for a list of countries featured in the book.
- Invite groups to respond to the prayers and stories with ideas from the book's reflection sections.
- Give Prayer Without Borders as holiday or thank you gifts for volunteers and co-workers. Bulk discounts are available for purchases of 20 or more.
Offer a mini-retreat on global solidarity.
The mini-retreat plan "Praying Without Borders" provides guidelines, activities and handouts for a 3-hour retreat using prayers and stories from the book. The format is ideal for groups of 16 to 30. During this session, participants will pray and reflect on pieces from Prayer Without Borders using:
- Communal prayer
- Visual arts
- Storytelling and drama
- Personal reflection